This is a mouse cursor theme inspired by macOS and based on KDE Breeze. It is a modified version of Capitaine Cursors by krourke. If your like his work, head over to krourke and make a donation.
The original already includes a version for Windows, but according to the author it would not receive any substantial updates. Moreover, it had been designed for right-handers only, and it lacks a few cursor types present in more recent Windows versions.
So I decided to derive a modified version, to include these changes:
- an additional cursor set for left-handers (as I am)
- two more cursors (for the new type “location” and “user” cursors)
Capitaine Cursors reloaded is based on Capitaine cursors which is based o KDE Breeze cursors, as such it falls under the same license, LGPLv3. See COPYING for more details.
The cursor set comes with INF files to make installation easy.
- Extract the ZIP file.
- Open folder in Explorer.
- Right click on capitaine-left.inf or capitaine-right.inf
- Click ‘Install’ from the context menu, and authorise the modifications to your system.
- Then open Control Panel > Personalisation and Appearance > Change mouse pointers, and select Capitaine Cursors Left or Capitaine Cursors Right.
- Click ‘Apply’.
2020-11-07 | Dietmar Dumke